Sunday, June 15, 2008

the flood waters are rising and i'm reaching the breaking point


i saw Grace's post - http://kingdomgrace.wordpress.com/2008/06/13/two-perspectives/#comments (i left comment there as well)
and then watched the video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHc5aFx64Mo
which resulted in this comment on Brant's blog and my utter disgust:
i used to live in Dallas and would listen to Ed on the drive home. at the time i thought it was pretty good stuff (although i didn't agree with everything), but i wonder what i would think if i heard those sermons now. anyway, i clicked on the link and got the willies right away from the freeze frame before the video starts. can't really explain it, but it absolutely creeped me out. while the video is uploading (i have crap dial up), i am writing this comment and also looked at the fellowship website. it is all to much for me and will look at it no further because it angers and disturbs me. there is a note on the beliefs page that absolutely disgusts me. it is about reaching out and how the lost simply need an invite to FC so they can see what following Jesus is really about. i think i will go vomit now.http://www.fellowshipchurch.com/beliefsyour thoughts and perspective on things are appreciated. i posting a link to this post on my blog and will use this comment on there as well. anyway, thank you for your time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a video, and what interesting comments on those two blogs. Wow. That's a lot to think about. It's so frustrating when Christians give the world another reason to dismiss us.

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! Your words are beautiful, and right on. It's true - our roots go deeper when the wind is raging. Thanks for sharing that hope and beauty.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Jeannette Altes said...

Hmm... yeah, I couldn't finishing watching the video. Bleah...

As to the website ting about inviting people to church... Hmm... I have reached the conclusion that it borders on spiritual abuse to invite the unsaved (or the saved, for that matter) to some churches....

7:29 PM  
Blogger Jeannette Altes said...

Davida~
This is the only way I know of to get ahold of you. ;-)

For the Apples 2 Apples thing, think I need your email address to formally invite you and maybe you need to have that email address available on your profile. We can try it without that, but I will need an email address to send the invite to. You can email me by going to my profile from my blog - there is a email button... If that is what I already did... maybe try the response again? If that doesn't work, I'll ask Erin what she thinks the problem might be.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Tracy Simmons said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Valorosa said...

Are you coming over to play apples 2 apples?

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map