Friday, November 05, 2004

Samo plivaj...samo plivaj, plivaj, plivaj

Ah....what a day. :) Started off this fine Croatian morning with more sunshine and blue skies. Can it get any better than this? Well, I’m glad you asked, because, yes....it can and it does. My inbox actually had an email for ME...not a newsletter sent to hundreds of people or a random forward, but something just for me. That always brightens my day. Then, I met my amazing, funny, smart and did I say funny? Croatian language tutor. He may be from a small town in western Bosnia*, but I don’t hold that against him. :) We had a great time, kao uvijek (as usual). After that, we stopped by to visit a friend at work & another friend of ours was there. We chatted briefly about our upcoming camping expedition and the good news that I found some great camping equipment that we can borrow. From there, I went to the café (Global Café....our coffee shop/youth center) and of course that was great. And THEN comes the best part.....I met my cool friend Lara and we went for a little swim in the Adriatic. It was, um.....hmmmm.....how can I say this? It was COLD!!! At least at first, then it wasn’t so bad and then I realized that maybe it felt so nice and warm because hypothermia was setting in. Time to go ahead and get out of the sea at that point. I definitely felt refreshed after that, well and after I came home and got into some warm comfy clothes. At that time I was going to post this, but there was a problem with the server. So I went to our Friday night youth meeting where we had a great time....I tried to play this American football video game, it was quite funny. One time the ball was coming right at me and I made my guy run away from it. haha! Too bad I couldn’t make him scream like a girl and wave his arms around.....video games imitating life or life imitating video games? heehee. Now, here I am about to get online try again to post this. Peace out, girl scout!

*see post from October 24, 2004


4 Comments:

Blogger Davida said...

No, no....it was from YOU to ME. But I read it, so its all good. :)

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ej...ludo! Ok, here I am posting the comment as you wanted...And, yes, people, we had a great time swimming...she just had some problems after getting out of the water, but she should've told you about that...I'll just say that it made me laugh so much...
And, D, have you checked my website...?

Lara

P.S. I'm about to write three more chapters today. And you'll have to print it when I'm done!

3:28 AM  
Blogger Davida said...

Lara,

Shhhhh! What happened at the sea stays at the sea or else I'll have to throw you into the sea. Haha!! Yes, I did see your site.....love the cute baby pics!

D

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be happy if you threw me in the sea...a bit cold, but happy...You know how much I love it! And how much I am sad because the weather doesn't allow me to enjoy it...Don't worry, I won't reveal your secret...I'm a good girl(at leats I think so).
Hey, I was thinking...you know how the next year I'm gonna be 18...Well, I wonder if you could lend me your cafe for one night to have a party in it? It's just a thought...but I would certainly appreciate it...lol...

Love ya......

Lara

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map