Thursday, May 28, 2009

for a boy

I think I know what I want
To love
And to be loved
Yet when he says the words
I want to run and hide
Of course it will not work
Of course it will not last
He will break my heart
or worse
I will break his
Longing and dreaming and hoping to see
Yet here it is
So beyond my grasp
Why can't this life be simpler
This love uncomplicated
If it is love after all
Certainly it is not now
But a whipser of hope
In the air that surrounds
My heart
Secure
My mind not so made up
This life is not mine to live
Alone
For You
Could it be
with him?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Been thinking about you lately! Time for a phone call?

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Dale said...

Oh, Davida! Love is always worth the risk.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Davida said...

jen...a phone call is definately in order. :-)

dale...you may be right. i guess even the brokenness that comes after losing in love can be used for good in the end.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map