Saturday, February 21, 2009

I can't make you love me if you don't...and you don't (thank God!!)


Well, people. I was gonna post some sad Bonnie Raitt lyrics here but then came to my senses and realized, "Why the HELL am I still crying over that silly boy?!" Haha!!! I think sometimes God gives us what we (think we) want or at least a glimpse of it so that we can see that is not what we want AT ALL. He protects us from ourselves in that way. If I would have gotten what I wanted (at the time), it would have been disastrous for me. In a way I knew it, but thought *maybe just maybe* things could work out for us. Now I know they couldn't, can't and won't. What a relief, what freedom.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Elton said...

(singing in my head)...
Just the other night
At a hometown football game
blah blah blah
...
blah blah blah
(you know I'm terrible at remembering lyrics)
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers...

Garth Brooks is a lyrical genius, and a theologian to boot.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map