Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas time was here, happiness and cheer

Wow! My first Christmas in Croatia and away from my family. I thought it would be horrible, I thought it would be depressing, but it wasn't. My roomie, Jen, and a friend of ours, Bethany celebrated Christmas morning together. We woke up early and opened presents, made breakfast and watched "White Christmas". Then Bethany went home and I took a nice nap. :) It was nice just to relax at home and Jen & I got to watch her DVD of Josh Groban in concert. Nice. In the evening, the Hoybach's and I went to hang out with the Weir's. We watched the movie "Elf". It was funny...."I'm Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" Haha!! When I got home, my roomie and I went downstairs to our landlady's flat to give her a plate of goodies. We thought we were going to just say "Sretan Bozic", give her the goodies and go back upstairs. She invited us in and we ended up staying and talking for almost two hours. It was great!! She showed us pictures of her family and some of their vacations. They have a weekend house on the island of Vis, off the southern coast of Croatia, and she invited me and Jen to come sometime with them this summer. We said, "Okay, if you insist." :) Woohoo!! I hope we get to go! After that, I called my parents and sister and chatted with them, then called my sister in Iowa visiting her husband's family and talked with her. All in all it was a wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map