Friday, October 28, 2005

I don't wanna be anything other than what I been tryin to be lately

Hmm, ok here is the update. Wednesday night I picked up Scott from the airport. He came for a couple of weeks to visit. Maybe he will come back long-term. Maybe not, we'll see. I didn't think I knew him, but actually he had moved to Dallas right before I moved to Croatia, so we had met and talked a couple of times. We went to the Riva and I showed him around a bit, then took him to the place he is staying. He seems like a nice guy and I was glad I had at least met him before, plus he knows a lot of people I know from Dallas, so he didn't seem like such a stranger.

Yesterday was a good day. Started out waking up early. And to those who made that possible, I thank you. :D Although I did fall asleep on the couch whilst I should have been reading my bible. *bad Davida* But I did read some, didn't slack off completely. :p Got ready and had coffee with Laura at one of my favourite cafes in Split. They have good coffee and all, but what makes it great is the view. It is on Marjan hill and it overlooks the city. Quite a breathtaking view. During the day or at night. Although, if you come at night from town, up the stairs that lead to the cafe, you'd better bring either a couple of cute boys to protect you or a flashlight, because it is dark and there can be strange noises. (not that I would know :-") heehee. We enjoyed a nice chat, it was good to be able to talk with her and hear about everything going on as they transition to Budapest. It will be challenging, but I am thankful they will still be relatively close.

Hmm...next I went to get bills for all the change we had collected at the cafe. I had only been there once before, but the lady remembered me. She was really nice and we chatted a bit in Croatian. :D Next stop was to pick up Scott. Then to the cafe. It was a good afternoon. My friend, Tea (teh-ah, not the stuff you drink :p ) stopped by before her english class. I love it when my friends stop by to see me at the cafe. :D By this time, it had been a couple of hours since Scott had gone to find something to eat. I was starting to worry a bit. His first day here and I lose him. haha!! Shortly after that, he returned from his adventure in town. At that point it was almost time to close up the cafe and head over to the Hoyby's for dinner. Mexican food. Yummy. It was really fun, we had a small crowd with Brandon, Allison, the kids, Dinko, Scott, Neissa and myself. We even watched Seinfeld....the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode. That is my favourite episode, and could possibly the best one. Mr. Marbles?! hahahahahaha!!!! Kenny? Kenny? heehee. Classic.

Went home around 9-ish. Paid the rent when I got back. Then put in some laundry. I was in bed by 9:30pm!!!! Although, at around 11pm, my roomie decided to do some vacuuming. It was at this point, I realized that I want to live by myself. Since I was awake and my laundry was finally finished washing, I decided to go ahead and hang it up to dry. Which I am glad I did now. Thankfully, it didn't take me too long to fall back asleep. And stay asleep....until 6am. Then until 9am. It was nice to sleep so much. I needed it or wanted it....whatev. haha.

Last thing I want to say is I hate it when I do something and think, "Hmm...maybe I shouldn't." But of course I do it anyway, and feel like an idiot. This time it wasn't a big deal at least. And really, I shouldn't feel like an idiot. Ok, I'm not going to. There you have it!!! *runs off singing*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't mind me, you just carry burying your roomies corpse; I'll just drink pago and then dispose of the frying pan for you. heehee

3:08 AM  
Blogger Davida said...

:-" What frying pan? *wink, wink*

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map