Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Thunder, Lightening and Earthquakes

And rain. Lots of rain. :) That was my day. Woke up this morning to the sound of thunder which sounded like invading armies. haha! Then it was grey and rainy ALL day. Yay! I loved it. :) I was sitting on the couch this morning and thought I heard some more thunder but then I FELT it. And thought a big truck drove by....but then realized that a big truck couldn't fit down the street I live on....that is when I realized it was an earthquake. It was a bit frightening, not that things started cracking or falling off the wall, but because it is quite unsettling to have your house shaking. Especially when it is made of cement. The houses here in Split are nothing to be sneazed at....they are built to endure the Bura (strong northern wind), so to feel my house moving like that, not pleasant. Anyway, thankfully, it wasn't that strong and all is well.

In other news: I leave for the conference tomorrow and will be back on Sunday....the same day my roomie is moving in. :) She actually moved in a couple of weeks ago, but that was just for her exam and then she went back home. Classes start on the 17th, so she is coming to get ready for that. Oh! That reminds me....MY class starts on the 17th as well. I wonder when and where it will be. hahahaha!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've checked with the class tutor, he thinks it's some time around the 17th.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map