Saturday, January 29, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!! :)

Well, hello there! Long time no see, huh? I can't believe it has been 21 days since I updated my blog! Things have been busy here.....not TOO busy, but busy. It has been hard for me to get back in the habit of writing on my blog. Sometimes I am tired, sometimes I have no inspiration, and sometimes I just don't want to deal with the computer. Anyway, I'm back (for the moment) so you better enjoy it. Ha! :)

Let's see.....what have I been up to? Hmm....two weeks ago, my Pastor and his wife went to visit a friend in Belgrade, Serbia and I watched three of their kids (ages 14, 11 & 9) and their dog, Moka, for the weekend. We had a fun time and it went well. The biggest scare I had was the morning Blake and Laura came home. Their bus got in around 7:30am and I had gotten up to let Moka out. I had not put her on her leash because sometime she gets so excited about going outside that she forgets that she is inside and pees on the floor. Anyway, we had gone outside and she ran away from me and wouldn't come back. So I called her. Nothing. She had gone over a little hill next to their house and I couldn't follow because I was still in my slippers. (btw, it was FREEEEEEZING cold outside) I continued to call her and she continued to not come to me. Oh man! I had ALMOST made it the whole weekend without a crisis and now, 30 minutes before the Weir's were coming home, I lose the dog. Back upstairs I went to put on my shoes and begin the search. Thankfully, miraculously, as I was putting on my shoes, in walks Moka. Halelujah! I don't think I'd ever been happier to see that dog! :)

Hmm....what else, what else? Ah, yes, this past week I have been sick. Tonsilitis. Yuck!! I wasn't feeling well on Monday and went to the doctor. My ears were bothering my too and he gave me some ointment for them and Claritin for my allergy. Tuesday I felt worse. By Wednesday I was out. My throat HURT! I had that feeling that it wasn't just a "normal" cold. I looked at my throat and saw some lovely white things on my tonsils. Fun times. Another trip to the doctor. He took one look at my throat and said, "You have an infection." Actually, it was in Croatian so something more along the lines of, "Imas infectiju" (nesto tako). :) Anyway, he prescribed a lovely antibiotic for me to take twice daily for seven days. When I got home, I started having more congestion and coughing some. Needless to say, I didn't sleep so well that night and on Thursday was out of it again. My friend Bethany gave me some Tylenol Cold medicine (the night-time kind) and that made me up a little loopy. heehee. Yesterday, I went to my Croatian class, still not feeling soooo great. By the time I got home I was wiped out. After lunch, I laid down around 3pm and fell asleep for about three hours. If Bethany hadn't started talking to me, I would have slept even longer. It is a good thing she did, though because I would have woken up at midnight and been up for the night. Today, I am feeling MUCH better. :)

How could I forget?! Last night a wonderful thing happened! It snowed in Split, Croatia!! At least one inch, maybe more. Woohoo!! Bethany and I (ok....Bethany is was staying with me and Jen because she is in the process of finding an apartment and, btw, Jen is in Rome. She went there to meet her family and they are coming back on the boat from Ancona tonight and will arrive in the morning! cool!) umm...oh, yes...Bethany and I were watching Schindler's List (I hadn't seen it before) and at the end she got a message from a friend that it was snowing outside. She opened up the window and yes, to our wonderful surprise, it was actually snowing! We were so excited, we got bundled up and went out to enjoy the snow. It was beautiful! HUGE flakes of snow were falling - amazing! Especially in Split. :) We took our pictures under a palm tree covered in snow and made a snowman. Too fun!! Then we went back inside to warm up. Since I am recovering from a cold, I stayed in, but Bethany went to meet some friends and made a couple more snowmen and took some more pictures. What a blast!!

Ok, so those are some highlights of the past three weeks. I really will try to not let it happen again that it is sooo long between posts. But, you know what? You could really help me out my posting a comment on here.....cuz I am curious to know who you are....you people who read my blog - remember, I'm watching you. heehee. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map